The School of Education recently held a discussion in its Shaping the Future series, titled “Here Comes the Common Core”.
Over 250 guests listened to presentations by Maryland State Superintendent of Schools Dr. Lillian Lowery, Callie Riley of Achieve, Inc. and Maryland State Department of Education’s Dave Volrath on the new set of requirements with the Common Core. SOE Dean David Andrews also spoke briefly to open the event, which was emceed by Wes Moore.
Video of the event is available at this link: http://webcast.jhu.edu/mediasite/SilverlightPlayer/Default.aspx?peid=be2cc4d9534f4d3c9b9ab0457dbfa1051d
Please note: There is a great deal of gap from the start of the recording until the opening remarks. Please fast-forward to the 30 minute mark for Dean Andrews’ opening statements.
- Another Failed Charter: Do These Schools Have a Future? - August 15, 2013
- SOE Commencement: Student Speaker Eduardo Caldera’s remarks - May 28, 2013
- Life Doesn’t Frighten Me At All: Play Therapy with Traumatized Children - May 14, 2013
- Your Take: Big happenings with Baltimore schools this week - May 7, 2013
- Join the CODC Conversation - April 2, 2013
- Imagine: Henderson Hopkins and the new model for education - January 9, 2013
- Baltimore Sun Op-Ed: Three steps for school reform in 2013 - January 8, 2013
- Student Book Collecting Contest kicking off - December 7, 2012
- Video: “Here comes the Common Core” discussion at SOE - December 5, 2012
- Poll: Who do you think would be a better President for educators? - October 24, 2012