On October 5th World Teacher Day, visiting fellow Dr. Fred Mednick arranged for five countries to take a stand for teachers by simultaneously Skyping with educators from East Baltimore, Pakistan, China, Tajikistan, and Mexico.
Over 50 East Baltimore Community School middle school students, parents, and staff came to the SOE education building to participate in the event by asking questions to the teachers abroad and sharing their insights on how teacher strikes and bullying in the US related to the teachers’ stories abroad. Following the event, the EBCS students then took their first tour of Johns Hopkins campus.
- Another Failed Charter: Do These Schools Have a Future? - August 15, 2013
- SOE Commencement: Student Speaker Eduardo Caldera’s remarks - May 28, 2013
- Life Doesn’t Frighten Me At All: Play Therapy with Traumatized Children - May 14, 2013
- Your Take: Big happenings with Baltimore schools this week - May 7, 2013
- Join the CODC Conversation - April 2, 2013
- Imagine: Henderson Hopkins and the new model for education - January 9, 2013
- Baltimore Sun Op-Ed: Three steps for school reform in 2013 - January 8, 2013
- Student Book Collecting Contest kicking off - December 7, 2012
- Video: “Here comes the Common Core” discussion at SOE - December 5, 2012
- Poll: Who do you think would be a better President for educators? - October 24, 2012