From the New York Times:
We’re in the thick of the presidential primaries, and candidates’ eyes are on their political parties’ formal conventions, which will take place in late August for Republicans and early September for Democrats.
Here are some suggestions for teaching and learning about the 2012 election season, followed by selected New York Times features and Learning Network lesson plans. Bookmark this page: we’ll be adding activity ideas and resources as the march to the White House proceeds, and will link from here to all the election resources we publish.
- Is the term “gifted student” outdated? - April 16, 2014
- Charter legislation moving in US House - April 16, 2014
- Is parental involvment overrated? - April 15, 2014
- Giving Up on 4-Year-Olds - March 27, 2014
- City scores exclude special ed students - December 23, 2013
- Professor responds to criticisms of teacher prep programs - December 23, 2013
- SOE’s Success for All in Post story - December 2, 2013
- Everyone Graduates Center dropout study shows improvment in NYC - December 2, 2013
- Majority of students in South and West are poor - October 17, 2013
- Will schools in Philadelphia open on time? - August 15, 2013